Hot Weather Relief for Long Hair
MAXBLOG: Expert Advice Straight From The Salon
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Anyone with long hair is acutely aware that hot weather can be murder. We understand this. The only thing you want to do is get the hair off your neck.
We know you don’t really want to cut it all off right now, so we offer an alternative, which our stylists call “Two Tails.” This easy, polished up-do looks equally gorgeous at the office or at a club.
PS: If you have a question about “Two Tails,” ask any of our talented stylists about it the next time you’re in their chair.
"Two Tails" Step-by-Step Guide
1. Make a side part.
2. Gather hair into two pony tails, one on top of the other, starting under the crown (the pony tails can be placed at any desired height at the back of the head).
3. Split the hair above the rubber band, at the scalp, in half.
4. Bend the top pony tail through the split from under the band through to the top of the band.
5. Gently pull up on the length of the pony tail to tighten.
6. Repeat with bottom pony tail.
7. Make a sub-section with each tail and secure each section away from the band and on the head with a bobby pin. Random placement is best. You can make as few or many sub-sections you want, depending on your ambitions.