Amy's Spring Fashion Trends
MAXBLOG: Expert Advice Straight From The Salon
Posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM
With 13 years of experience under her belt and her recent experience back stage at New York Fashion Week, Amy Abramite the Creative Director of Maxine Salon knows exactly what’s blooming this spring.
What Amy is loving (in beauty & fashion) this spring:
- I love Olivier Theysken's dark androgynous aesthetic for Theory. My entire closet is black, so I celebrate darkness every day! His designs are clean and simple, and the material has just enough of a touch of sheen on a matte surface or leather to make it rock and roll. I'd really love to own anything he designs, especially his jackets and suit coats.
- For beauty, I thought the bright orange-red lip color was stunning on the runway at Jason Wu. A clean eye with a bright lip makes a fresh bold statement on any woman with any skin tone.
- For hair, I loved taking long hair and putting it up to create the illusion of shorter hair, like the bob at Thakoon, the boyish crop at Jason Wu, or the swept bang at Jill Stuart. Exploring a different look is exciting! When it doesn’t involve cutting hair off, there’s no commitment.
Hot hair trends for 2012.
- Feeling bold & gutsy? Free yourself and cut it off Ginnifer Goodwin style into an undercut crop. If you're a long-haired gal at heart, try putting it up into a fishtail braid, or wear your hair with a new texture – the crimper is making a comeback!
Insider tip for spring: Build Height with your ponytail.
- Humidity is on the horizon. Prepare by building up your ponytail. The base of this style ponytail must be sitting at the highest point of the head.
- Use multiple large elastic ponytail holders on top of one another, and anchor with large bobby pins inside the elastics to build height at the base. To enhance the beauty, go for this product, L’Oreal Texture Expert – Shine Perection Anti Frizz Shine Serum.
Happy Spring Trending!